Make the right decisions to lead your civilization to prosperity!
Lead one of the seven greatest cities of Antiquity. Develop your civilization on a military, scientific, cultural, and economic level. Once built, will your Wonder bring you glory for millennia to come? No downtime, renewed fun in each game and perfect balance regardless of the number of players.
- There has been a visual redesign of the game. The cover, the cards’ design, the Wonders, the insert: everything has been redesigned!
- The rules have been entirely revised to make them more easily accessible to new players. There is an 8-page booklet that’s much easier to understand straight away! In addition, the player aid has also been fully redesigned.
- Card layout has been improved, which allows for information to be more easily read. The guild cards, spread out over the many 7 Wonders expansions, have been consolidated and added to the new base game.
- The Wonders have been made bigger and more prominent, and their A and B sides have been replaced by a day side and a night side for a more flavorful experience. Both the base game and the expansions are also moving to larger, standard-sized boxes.
- Thanks to symbols discreetly inserted in the contents of the game, 7 Wonders and its expansions are now adapted for colourblind players.
About 7 Wonders:
You are the leader of one of the 7 great cities of the Ancient World. Gather resources, develop commercial routes, and affirm your military supremacy. Build your city and erect an architectural wonder which will transcend future times.
7 Wonders lasts three ages. In each age, players receive seven cards from a particular deck, choose one of those cards, then pass the remainder to an adjacent player. Players reveal their cards simultaneously, paying resources if needed or collecting resources or interacting with other players in various ways. (Players have individual boards with special powers on which to organize their cards, and the boards are double-sided). Each player then chooses another card from the deck they were passed, and the process repeats until players have six cards in play from that age. After three ages, the game ends.
In essence, 7 Wonders is a card development game. Some cards have immediate effects, while others provide bonuses or upgrades later in the game. Some cards provide discounts on future purchases. Some provide military strength to overpower your neighbors and others give nothing but victory points. Each card is played immediately after being drafted, so you'll know which cards your neighbor is receiving and how his choices might affect what you've already built up. Cards are passed left-right-left over the three ages, so you need to keep an eye on the neighbors in both directions.
Though the box of earlier editions is listed as being for 3–7 players, there is an official 2-player variant included in the instructions.
AWARDS & HONORS
2013 Hungarian Board Game Award Nominee
2012 Ludoteca Ideale Winner
2011/2012 Boardgames Australia Awards Best International Game Nominee
2011 Vuoden Peli Adult Game of the Year Winner
2011 Spiel des Jahres Kennerspiel des Jahres Winner
2011 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Nominee
2011 Lys Passioné Winner
2011 Lucca Games Best Boardgame Winner
2011 Juego del Año Tico Winner
2011 Juego del Año Finalist
2011 JoTa Best Light Board Game Nominee
2011 JoTa Best Light Board Game Critic Award
2011 JoTa Best Light Board Game Audience Award
2011 JoTa Best Card Game Nominee
2011 JoTa Best Card Game Critic Award
2011 JoTa Best Card Game Audience Award
2011 JoTa Best Artwork Nominee
2011 JoTa Best Artwork Critic Award
2011 Japan Boardgame Prize Voters' Selection Winner
2011 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Multi-player Winner
2011 Hra roku Winner
2011 Guldbrikken Best Adult Game Winner
2011 Gra Roku Game of the Year Nominee
2011 Gouden Ludo Winner
2011 Golden Geek Most Innovative Board Game Nominee
2011 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee
2011 Golden Geek Best Party Board Game Nominee
2011 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Winner
2011 Golden Geek Best Card Game Winner
2011 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork/Presentation Nominee
2011 Fairplay À la carte Winner
2011 Deutscher Spiele Preis Best Family/Adult Game Winner
2011 As d'Or - Jeu de l'Année Prix du Jury Winner
2011 As d'Or - Jeu de l'Année Nominee
2010 Tric Trac Nominee
2010 Tric Trac d'Or
2010 Swiss Gamers Award Winner
2010 Meeples' Choice Award